Selling your house is something you’ll have to do at key stages in your life. And unless you know a local Newcastle estate agent who will sell your house for free or a hugely discounted fee… it can be a real pain in the rear and an expensive process for you as well.
So… you landed on this page about “How to sell your house by yourself in Newcastle Up On” because of a few reasons I’m guessing…
- You have no or very little equity in your house so you can’t afford to pay estate agent fees
- You have equity but want to try to save money selling the house yourself before you resort to hiring an agent
- You’re being repossessed (or heading that way) and just need to sell fast without incurring thousands in agent commissions
- You can’t wait the months and months it sometimes takes to sell a house in the Newcastle area in this market so you want to try to sell it more quickly
Whatever one you land in… there are ways to sell your house yourself here in the local Newcastle property market.
Since the 2008 economic crash, the housing sector has been experiencing a major recovery. Selling your house at this time will definitely be profitable if you do it right. In most cases, it is about using smart marketing strategies and being realistic about your expectations on what you want to achieve with this sale.
This article will provide some guidelines to help you sell your Newcastle area house privately.
How To Sell Without An Estate Agent In Newcastle – Let’s Dive In
Know Your Newcastle Property Market Well
The first and most important step is doing comprehesnive market research on your neighbourhood in the Newcastle area. This step involves visiting various home marketing sites (Rightmove, Zoopla and etc), calling an estate agent or two to see what your home is worth, or reading about the various market pricing techniques. Proper homework on these issues will allow you to come up with a right price for your house and also helps you to avoid making certain selling mistakes.
If you don’t want to hassle with trying to come up with a home value yourself… give us a call at 0191 369 2088 and we’ll give you an honest fair valuation of what your house is worth on the retail market (if you’re going to wait the 3-6+ months to find the perfect retail buyer). And if you want to… we’ll make you a fair all-cash offer on your house to give you that option of selling quickly (we can buy in as little as 14 days if you want to).
Analyse the market
This step is almost similar to conducting market research, only that in this case, you are bound to your neighbourhood and similar houses. Are there lots of houses for sale in your neighborhood here in Newcastle? If so, what is the average that they are listing for? Are there lots of repossessions in your neighborhood? That may drag your house price down.
Assess the house
As a seller, your house should be in top condition in order to sell at a good price. Identify certain unique characteristics about it and emphasise them during the marketing. For example, in a Newcastle market, a house with a drive way parking may be more attractive to buyers compared to having to park on a side road.
Also, does your house require repairs or modernisation? Does it need to be repainted inside or out? How is the condition of the roof? Is there a central heating and does it work? Is the back garden in good shape? Is the house outdated at all? (you know, that woodchip wall paper ;-). All of these things can make the house more attractive or less attractive depending on the buyer… which changes the price they’re willing to pay.
After all of this… come up with an asking price for your Newcastle home that is fair… isn’t so high it’ll take you 12 months to sell the house… but is attractive so you get a bucket load of buyers who are ready to buy it quickly.
Use Attractive Photos or Videos
Newcastle Upon Tyne buyers are obsessed with media. Taking walk-through videos of the house and using the videos to advertise will enable you to reach a wider market. In fact, these videos are considered more transparent than taking photos. However, this should not stop you from using the latter option since it is more affordable and quicker to prepare compared to video.
So take some great pictures. Take a picture of every room in the house that helps show it off. Take a picture of the house from the outside in a few different angles… people want to see the house before they ever show up to see it. So having great pictures of your house online could be the difference between getting the right buyer quickly… and waiting months and months to sell. Even go as far as having pictures taken professionally to give them a pop!
Get Your House “Listed” On Rightmove and Zoopla
You can find no or low fee estate estates these days who will charge you a few hundred pounds to put your house on Rightmove, Zoopla and other property listing platforms. This gets you a massive amount of exposure online.
You can also pay for local ads in your newspaper, signs on the roads, and even hold an open house. This will add even more exposure for your house.
Does All Of This Sound Like A Lot Of Work To Sell Your Newcastle House Fast Privately?
It certainly can be.
And in the end, many Newcastle house sellers think they’re saving money and time by marketing the house themselves… when in the end it costs them more money to go that route.
When you sell your own house here are some things you need to consider…
- If you’re not a good marketer or aren’t ready to spend a bunch of time marketing your house right… selling it yourself may not be your best bet
- If you don’t do a good job preparing the house and the marketing materials… and working with buyers to really build the value of your house in their minds… you may actually sell the house for 5-12% less than you may get for the same house an experienced person marketed the house for you
- Too many sellers never think about holding costs or opportunity costs… every month that your house doesn’t sell means another mortgage payment, council tax payment, insurance, utilities, etc and increased risk of break ins. If your mortgage payment is £500/mo… and if it takes you 7 months to sell your house… that will cost you an extra £3,500 (not to mention taxes and insurance you paid during that time). So, if you were able to sell that house more quickly… would it make sense for you to provide a buyer a discounted price today so you can close quickly and move on? Something to ponder.
If you’d rather not put up the hassle of trying to sell your Newcastle house yourself… and would rather just sell it quickly for a fair price without paying any commissions or fees…
… here at We Buy Homes North East we actually buy local houses.
We’d love to make you a fair, NO OBLIGATION and NO HASSLE cash offer on your house.
We can close quickly (in as little as 14 days if you wanted to)… which would save you thousands of pounds vs. trying to sell the house yourself and waiting for months.
Also, when we buy local Newcastle houses we do all repairs that are needed (we pay for it ourselves) so you don’t have to worry about that.
If you want to see what we can pay for your house, give us a call today at 0191 369 2088 or just fill out the quick simple form through the link below.